wridanoju
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for WriDaNoJu (Write a Damn Novel in June).

You are not connected. Please login or register

WriDaNoJu Slang

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WriDaNoJu Slang Empty WriDaNoJu Slang Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:41 am

Trolligans

Trolligans
Admin

WriDaNoJu = Write a Damn Novel in June
The greatest freaking writing contest alive that only the biggest, baddest, bravest writers can attempt and even then, few survive because it's that wicked.

WriJu's = Writers in June
Anyone participating in WriDaNoJu. Awesome fearless souls that don't mind having panic attacks for 30 consecutive days (might also be a caffeine overdose that causes those attacks, but the research is ongoing)

DaNo's = Damn Novels
Those monster amounts of words that we construct out of thin air during the month of June. (Was going to be NoJu's [Novels in June] but it sounded too much like NoJews and that would get us into trouble)

Fuel = Coffee/Caffeine infused drinks
It's writer fuel and we not only condone the consumption of caffeine, we encourage it. Get some coffee, get some kind of blended, frozen drink with an extra shot thrown in, or get some hot chocolate that has added caffeine. Whatever you do, do it before you start getting tired.

Crash = Derailed Novel
It's what happens when your characters decide to be punks and screw up your plot, or family comes into town and pulls you away from your computer or you just lose steam and fail to meet your quota. It doesn't always result in novel death, but it can if you don't smack your relatives, smack your characters, down some fuel, and get back on the computer ASAP.

Junk = Quick food made and consumed in June
This is mostly ramen, instant oatmeal, cream of wheat, frozen corn dogs, canned soup and TV dinners. It's fast. It's easy. It doesn't take away from your writing time. And you won't get scurvy until after June is over. We recommend that you drink orange juice along with your coffee and take multivitamins so your teeth don't fall out.

Feast = Good food that's still quick
When you can't stomach another pack of ramen (occurs in week 2), you need to grab some quick munchies. Hit up a Burger King or pizza joint. But don't stay too long, every minute you spend eating is a minute you weren't writing... slacker.

Light at the End of the Tunnel = Seeing the end of the novel approaching
When you're 45,000 words in and you have enough time to hit 50k before July arrives, you've officially spotted the light at the end of the tunnel. But if you're staring down the barrel of 15k on June 28th, that light is the headlamp of a fast approaching train. It was nice to know you. I'll say something sweet at your funeral.

Any other technical terms you can think of?

http://newanderthal.blogspot.com/

2WriDaNoJu Slang Empty Re: WriDaNoJu Slang Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:06 pm

Anne Lessing

Anne Lessing

OMG...the light at the end of the tunnel one...too funny!!

http://annelessing.wordpress.com

3WriDaNoJu Slang Empty Re: WriDaNoJu Slang Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:21 am

Randompenguin

Randompenguin

Plot Bunnies-
Extra plots/subplots/themes/general ideas that pop out of nowhere and multiply rapidly sometimes causing extreme novel mutations and agitated WriJu's.

4WriDaNoJu Slang Empty Re: WriDaNoJu Slang Sun May 02, 2010 11:24 pm

Rose Laflesh

Rose Laflesh

WriMo's-

any month that is dedicated to reaching a 50,000 word goal.

5WriDaNoJu Slang Empty Re: WriDaNoJu Slang Sat May 15, 2010 3:24 pm

LoveLikeRockets177

LoveLikeRockets177

Crash = Derailed Novel

I would just like to point out that this made me laugh quite a bit. Smile The NaNovel I'm working on right now is actually called "Derailed". haha. I think it just got a new nickname. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum