wridanoju
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for WriDaNoJu (Write a Damn Novel in June).

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quick Tips

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Quick Tips Empty Quick Tips Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:02 pm

Trolligans

Trolligans
Admin

I hope that this list of rules I have learned over my experience as a writer will help anyone who reads it.

-Make it art. Don't just make a story "entertaining," make it beautiful and deep. A piece that is made for anything less than greatness is a waste of time.

-Give it a unique style. Use the style of writing that you are most comfortable with.

-Have a theme(s) in mind. Themes are overarching ideas that guide your piece e.g. darkness, light, power, beauty, etc.

-Edit your work. Very few writers can make a first draft that is also the final draft. Look over your work and rewrite, spell check, and watch for grammatical errors.

-If you're stuck with writer's block, then immerse yourself in works of art and literature that you enjoy. You'll be relaxing and looking for inspiration at the same time.

-Not all of your work needs to be presentable. Sometimes writing a piece is just practice for writing another piece.

-Be clear. It's always best to err on the side of too simple rather than too complex.

http://newanderthal.blogspot.com/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum